Close Menu
Fishe News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • National
  • International
  • Tech
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • PMNI
  • More
    • Business
    • Culture
    • Education
    • History
    • Health
  • Featured
    • Fishe Travel
    • Fishe Media
    • Fishe TV
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question
  • U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak
  • Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions
  • U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium
  • Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI
  • Beyond The Headlines: What Nigeria’s Recognition As An AI Leader Really Means
  • Tinubu’s Military Expansion: A Bold Blueprint For A Safer Nigeria
  • EXCLUSIVE ANALYSIS: Why Trump’s Letter To Tinubu Signals A Major Shift In US Security Policy Toward Nigeria
X (Twitter) Instagram
Fishe NewsFishe News
Subscribe
Tuesday, August 18
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • National
  • International
  • Tech
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • PMNI
  • More
    • Business
    • Culture
    • Education
    • History
    • Health
  • Featured
    • Fishe Travel
    • Fishe Media
    • Fishe TV
Fishe News
Home»National

2023 Elections: Atiku Ask INEC To Replace Lagos REC

Adejuyigbe FrancisBy Adejuyigbe FrancisFebruary 9, 2023 National No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email WhatsApp

With 16 days to the commencement of the 2023 general election, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar has urged the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to remove the Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC, in Lagos State, Olusegun Agbaje.

Atiku said Agbaje had been accused of attempting to compromise the upcoming election.

He noted that the REC’s insistence on using the Lagos State Park and Garage Management Committee led by Musiliu Akinsanya, also known as MC Oluomo to carry sensitive election materials was a ploy to compromise the election.

Speaking through his Special Assistant on Public Communication, Phrank Shaibu, Atiku dismissed the reason given by Agbaje on why INEC would use MC Oluomo’s organization in carrying sensitive materials.





The INEC REC had said the commission would use MC Oluomo’s transport organization because others have been barred from Lagos State.

A statement by Shaibu reads: “What Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu did in Lagos State was to arbitrarily announce a ban on the activities of the NURTW because the organisation suspended MC Oluomo, the APC’s henchman.

“INEC must not promote illegality by working with a partisan organisation which is filled with APC members that are working for Bola Tinubu.”

The statement said giving MC Oluomo’s boys sensitive electoral materials to be distributed in Lagos State would undermine a free and fair 2023 election.

“INEC must sanction Mr Agbaje for insisting on using MC Oluomo’s committee despite protests from members of the public,” he added.

2023elections INEC
Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn WhatsApp
Adejuyigbe Francis
  • Website

Thought Leader, Idea Bank, Nation Builder.

Keep Reading

U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium

Beyond The Headlines: What Nigeria’s Recognition As An AI Leader Really Means

Tinubu’s Military Expansion: A Bold Blueprint For A Safer Nigeria

EXCLUSIVE ANALYSIS: Why Trump’s Letter To Tinubu Signals A Major Shift In US Security Policy Toward Nigeria

Bridging The Digital Divide: Inside FG’s Laptop And Smartphone Loan Scheme

AFRICOM, West African Military Chaplains Deepen Regional Cooperation At Landmark Religious Affairs Symposium In Ghana

Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Here is spotlighting many benefits of journeying with either Lagos State’s Blueline or Redline rails for a hassle-free day, week, month and year. Thank God for the Igbega Eko. Together we rise.
https://youtu.be/V67GV8wgyjw

Latest Posts

  • The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question
  • U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak
  • Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions
  • U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium
  • Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI
Featured
About Fishe

FISHE was founded with the goal of helping clients thrive in today’s highly competitive marketing environment. While other companies rush to abandon traditional marketing in favour of digital techniques, we’ve bolstered our offline marketing capabilities while also equipping our team with seasoned professional knowledge to support our clients’ digital needs.

Through creative designs, we enhance our clients’ products and services the right way that would attract their target audience, thus, making the perception of their company a reality.

  • LTV 8, Agidingbi Road, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
  • +234 806 003 7277
  • info@gofishe.com
FISHE, Your Best Plug For Bus Stop Shelter Ad

LATEST POSTS

The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question

August 12, 2026

U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak

August 11, 2026

Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions

August 4, 2026

U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium

July 31, 2026

Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI

July 29, 2026
Featured

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from FISHE about politics, economy, health and business, etc

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
© 2026

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.