Author: Adejuyigbe Francis

Thought Leader, Idea Bank, Nation Builder.

The federal government has reiterated its commitment to the elimination of bottlenecks and promotion of efficient operations at the Seme-Krake border to enhance trade and economic integration with member countries of the Economic Community of West African Sates (ECOWAS). The Minister of State for Transportation, Ademola Adegoroye, re-echoed the government’s position at the inauguration of three multi-million naira projects executed by the Federal Ministry of Transportation at the Seme-Krake Joint Border Post in Lagos. The projects included roofing of three walkways for arriving and departing passengers, construction of 20 toilet facilities and provision of two solar-powered boreholes/water treatment plants. Ten…

Read More

Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention reveals that there has been 429 suspected cases, as well as 17 deaths from all over Nigeria in 2023. Cases from about 11 states across 24 local government areas were reported by NCDC in its latest Cholera epidemiological report for week four (January 2-29) posted on its official website. As of January 29, 2023, the statement explained that a total of 429 suspected cases, including 17 deaths (CFR 4.0 per cent) had been reported from 11 states. It explained, “Of the suspected cases since the beginning of the year, the age group 0-…

Read More

As the 2023 general elections draw nearer, the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, has charged corps members to ensure strict compliance to the guidelines stated in the Electoral Act and to exempt themselves from local politics throughout the duration of the exercise. This is as they were also reminded that their membership in the corps does not guarantee immunity from the legal consequences of any wrongdoing. They were enjoined to continue to be law-abiding while also serving as role models for the younger ones. This charge was given by Brigadier-General Yushau Dogara Ahmed during the closing ceremony of the 2023…

Read More

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, has said he didn’t pay a visit to the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, because the monarch was not “readily available”. Obi revealed this while speaking on Monday in a Channels Television interview. The former Governor of Anambra dismissed claims that he purposely chose not to pay homage to the traditional ruler. Obi also said claims that Akiolu refused to see him were “untrue”. “The truth is that when we arrived, we wanted to do what we used to do — arrive, drive to the palace, and see the Oba.…

Read More

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Femi Fani-Kayode will on Wednesday return to the Department of State Services, DSS, over his coup tweet. The former Minister of Aviation disclosed he was on Monday questioned by the operatives for about five hours. Fani-Kayode had alleged that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar met with some military officers. The Director of Special Projects and New Media in the APC Presidential Campaign Council, PCC, suggested they might be planning a coup ahead of the general elections. Speaking with reporters at the APC national secretariat in Abuja, Fani-Kayode confirmed…

Read More

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu has denied stockpiling new naira notes ahead of the presidential election. Tinubu was reacting to an allegation by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, alleging he was mopping up new naira notes for vote-buying. Speaking through his Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs, Mahmud Jega, Tinubu described the allegation as false. A statement by Jega reads: “We are not surprised that the PDP made a volte-face to conjure a completely unfounded allegation against Tinubu. “Having realized that Atiku’s selfish, uncaring position has generated popular anger and resentment against him,…

Read More

Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Governor of Lagos, has promised relief in areas of education, transport infrastructure, healthcare and the environment for residents and businesses across the Eti-Osa corridor. Sanwo-Olu made the pledge during an engagement with residents and stakeholders of Lekki, Etiosa, Ibeju Lekki and Epe, on Sunday in Lagos. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the event was to discuss activities and plans of his administration for the community and the state in general. The governor said that properties, businesses and tenants that might be affected once the building of the fourth mainland bridge starts would be fully…

Read More

Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe has made a faster-than-expected return to training ahead of the round of 16 Champions League first-leg home tie with Bayern Munich on Tuesday. After Mbappe suffered a thigh injury against Montpellier on February 1, the club said he would be out for three weeks. On Saturday, coach Christophe Galtier said he did not think Mbappe would play on Tuesday. “I don’t think so. He follows his rehabilitation protocol. He was a victim of a muscle injury,” Galtier said. “We will take zero, zero, zero risk with Kylian.” But Mbappe trained on Sunday and on Monday…

Read More

The Federal Government of Nigeria on Monday chided the United Kingdom and the United States over their travel advisories in late 2022. The government said more than three months after their embassies warned nationals against movement/presence in Abuja, their city remained safe. Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed spoke on Monday in Abuja at the 25th edition of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s (PMB) Scorecard Series. The Minister of Defence, Gen. Bashir Magashi (rtd.) presented the scorecard of his ministry in the last seven years. Mohammed recalled how the advisories created panic and tension the country, causing some foreigners to leave the…

Read More

The death toll from a catastrophic earthquake that hit Turkey and Syria climbed above 35,000 on Monday, with search and rescue teams starting to wind down their work. Officials and medics said 31,643 people had died in Turkey and 3,581 in Syria from last Monday’s 7.8-magnitude tremor, bringing the confirmed total to 35,224. Researchers claim that at the the end of the rescue exercise about 200,000 people will still be missing as they would be deep beneath the rubbles of collasped buildings.

Read More

The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has urged Nigerians to embrace alternative payment channels like the eNaira and internet banking in the face of the cashless policy. This is against the backdrop of challenges being faced by Nigerians sequel to the naira redesign and the naira swap. The Director, Corporate Communications Department of the CBN, Mr. Osita Nwanusobi, while speaking at the just concluded 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair, explained that the new naira policy is not in any way targeted at any individual as being insinuated in the public domain. Speaking on the theme, “Promoting Value Addition for Economic…

Read More

Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said the Federal Government and the United Nations World Tourism Organization, (UNWTO) are currently working with some private sector players to establish a Tourism Academy in Lagos. The Minister disclosed this in Lagos on Friday at the graduation of the first set of trainees of the Terra Kulture-owned Terra Academy For the Arts, (TAFTA), saying the Academy will provide accessible vocational and managerial transformative training for the tourism and hospitality sector. According to Segun Adeyemi, Senior Assistance to the Minister on Media in a statement in Abuja on Friday said; “We…

Read More