Close Menu
Fishe News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • National
  • International
  • Tech
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • PMNI
  • More
    • Business
    • Culture
    • Education
    • History
    • Health
  • Featured
    • Fishe Travel
    • Fishe Media
    • Fishe TV
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question
  • U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak
  • Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions
  • U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium
  • Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI
  • Beyond The Headlines: What Nigeria’s Recognition As An AI Leader Really Means
  • Tinubu’s Military Expansion: A Bold Blueprint For A Safer Nigeria
  • EXCLUSIVE ANALYSIS: Why Trump’s Letter To Tinubu Signals A Major Shift In US Security Policy Toward Nigeria
X (Twitter) Instagram
Fishe NewsFishe News
Subscribe
Wednesday, August 12
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • National
  • International
  • Tech
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • PMNI
  • More
    • Business
    • Culture
    • Education
    • History
    • Health
  • Featured
    • Fishe Travel
    • Fishe Media
    • Fishe TV
Fishe News
Home»Sports

Ex Newcastle Forward Christian Atsu Confirmed Dead

Adejuyigbe FrancisBy Adejuyigbe FrancisFebruary 18, 2023 Sports No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email WhatsApp

The body of ex-Chelsea and Newcastle winger, Christian Atsu has been found dead in the aftermath of the earthquake in Turkey.

Atsu’s agent, Nana Sechere confirmed and disclosed this on his Twitter handle as reported by Sky News on Saturday.

He wrote, “It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to announce to all well-wishers that sadly Christian Atsu’s body was recovered this morning. My deepest condolences go to his family and loved ones.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their prayers and support.





“I ask that whilst we make the necessary arrangements, everyone would please respect the privacy of the family during this very difficult time”.

Aged 31, the Ghanaian player according to Sky News had been misidentified and falsely reported as hospitalized last week following the earthquake which killed more than 45,000 people.

Atsu spent eight years signed by Premier League clubs including Chelsea, Bournemouth, Everton and Newcastle.

He moved to Turkey last September, signing for Antakya side Hatayspor on a one-year contract.

Atsu’s Turkey-based agent, Murat Uzunmehmet, told reporters that the player was found beneath the rubble of his home in southern Turkey.

He said: “Atsu’s lifeless body was found under the rubble. Currently, more items are still being taken out. His phone was also found”.

The deceased is survived by wife Marie-Claire Rupio Atsu and their three children.

Death Turkey Earthquake
Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn WhatsApp
Adejuyigbe Francis
  • Website

Thought Leader, Idea Bank, Nation Builder.

Keep Reading

NBF–NBBofC Crisis: Edun Steps In As Emergency Talks Hold In Abuja

England Lose, Nigeria Gain: Okonkwo Makes International Switch

Nigeria Miss Out Again As 16 Teams Emerge For 2026 U-17 AFCON

“CAF Boosts AFCON To 28 Teams: A Landmark Shift For African Football”

“Historic Win For Nigerian Football: Samson Adamu Becomes CAF’s First Nigerian Acting General Secretary”

“Victor Osimhen: Consistency And Class Beyond Kane, Haaland, & Yamal – Torreira’s Perspective”

Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Here is spotlighting many benefits of journeying with either Lagos State’s Blueline or Redline rails for a hassle-free day, week, month and year. Thank God for the Igbega Eko. Together we rise.
https://youtu.be/V67GV8wgyjw

Latest Posts

  • The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question
  • U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak
  • Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions
  • U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium
  • Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI
Featured
About Fishe

FISHE was founded with the goal of helping clients thrive in today’s highly competitive marketing environment. While other companies rush to abandon traditional marketing in favour of digital techniques, we’ve bolstered our offline marketing capabilities while also equipping our team with seasoned professional knowledge to support our clients’ digital needs.

Through creative designs, we enhance our clients’ products and services the right way that would attract their target audience, thus, making the perception of their company a reality.

  • LTV 8, Agidingbi Road, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
  • +234 806 003 7277
  • info@gofishe.com
FISHE, Your Best Plug For Bus Stop Shelter Ad

LATEST POSTS

The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question

August 12, 2026

U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak

August 11, 2026

Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions

August 4, 2026

U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium

July 31, 2026

Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI

July 29, 2026
Featured

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from FISHE about politics, economy, health and business, etc

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
© 2026

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.