Close Menu
Fishe News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • National
  • International
  • Tech
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • PMNI
  • More
    • Business
    • Culture
    • Education
    • History
    • Health
  • Featured
    • Fishe Travel
    • Fishe Media
    • Fishe TV
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question
  • U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak
  • Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions
  • U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium
  • Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI
  • Beyond The Headlines: What Nigeria’s Recognition As An AI Leader Really Means
  • Tinubu’s Military Expansion: A Bold Blueprint For A Safer Nigeria
  • EXCLUSIVE ANALYSIS: Why Trump’s Letter To Tinubu Signals A Major Shift In US Security Policy Toward Nigeria
X (Twitter) Instagram
Fishe NewsFishe News
Subscribe
Wednesday, August 12
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • National
  • International
  • Tech
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • PMNI
  • More
    • Business
    • Culture
    • Education
    • History
    • Health
  • Featured
    • Fishe Travel
    • Fishe Media
    • Fishe TV
Fishe News
Home»National

Ignore Fake Rumours, NLC Is Never Divided, Protest Still Holds

Editor FrancisBy Editor FrancisAugust 1, 2023Updated:August 1, 2023 National No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email WhatsApp

On Tuesday night, the Nigeria Labour Congress advised Nigerians to disregard any news suggesting a potential suspension of its scheduled nationwide strike set to begin on Wednesday.

The Nigeria Labour Congress, in a brief statement signed by its national president, Joe Ajaero, affirmed that the protests would proceed as planned in major cities across the country.

The Secretary-General of the NLC, Emmanuel Ugboaja, had earlier briefed journalists at the State House, stating that the Congress might reconsider its position on the proposed strike action. This statement sparked controversies, and news of a potential suspension of the strike spread across the country.

The NLC made this charging statement on the official Twitter handle of the NLC @NLCheadquarters reads, “Ignore fake rumours, NLC is never divided. We are one united and strong labour centre. The protest rally will be held Tomorrow (Wednesday), nationwide.”

Earlier, Ajaero, in a chat with our newsmen noted that the NLC had no reason to suspend its proposed strike.





“We have no reasons to call off the planned protest. If we suspend or call it off, you will know. I can tell you that the mobilisation is very high,” Ajaero said.

Titus Amba, a deputy vice-president of the NLC, stated that there have been no new developments following President Bola Tinubu’s national broadcast on Monday evening.

GOVIMA had earlier reported that a move by the labour leaders to embark on strike was resisted by the government with a court order obtained by the Federal Ministry of Justice barring the unions from embarking on strike.

The labour unions had tagged the injunction a “black market” injunction.

Presently, the NLC is demanding an immediate reversal of all “unfriendly” policies as initiated by the Tinubu government such as as the hike in the price of petrol, immediate inauguration of the presidential steering committee, an increase in public school fees, the release of the eight-month withheld salaries of university lecturers and workers and an increase in Value-Added Tax, among others as bone of contention while its TUC counterpart said it had given the government a two- week ultimatum following which it would take “solid actions.”

#Fake News #NLC #Protests #SUBSIDY palliatives
Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn WhatsApp
Editor Francis
  • Website

Keep Reading

U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium

Beyond The Headlines: What Nigeria’s Recognition As An AI Leader Really Means

Tinubu’s Military Expansion: A Bold Blueprint For A Safer Nigeria

EXCLUSIVE ANALYSIS: Why Trump’s Letter To Tinubu Signals A Major Shift In US Security Policy Toward Nigeria

Bridging The Digital Divide: Inside FG’s Laptop And Smartphone Loan Scheme

AFRICOM, West African Military Chaplains Deepen Regional Cooperation At Landmark Religious Affairs Symposium In Ghana

Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Here is spotlighting many benefits of journeying with either Lagos State’s Blueline or Redline rails for a hassle-free day, week, month and year. Thank God for the Igbega Eko. Together we rise.
https://youtu.be/V67GV8wgyjw

Latest Posts

  • The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question
  • U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak
  • Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions
  • U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium
  • Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI
Featured
About Fishe

FISHE was founded with the goal of helping clients thrive in today’s highly competitive marketing environment. While other companies rush to abandon traditional marketing in favour of digital techniques, we’ve bolstered our offline marketing capabilities while also equipping our team with seasoned professional knowledge to support our clients’ digital needs.

Through creative designs, we enhance our clients’ products and services the right way that would attract their target audience, thus, making the perception of their company a reality.

  • LTV 8, Agidingbi Road, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
  • +234 806 003 7277
  • info@gofishe.com
FISHE, Your Best Plug For Bus Stop Shelter Ad

LATEST POSTS

The United States 175,000-Visa Revocation Question

August 12, 2026

U.S. Response To The 2026 Ebola Outbreak

August 11, 2026

Bolt Business Records Strong Growth In Nigeria Amid Rising Demand For Corporate Mobility Solutions

August 4, 2026

U.S. Unveils Bold New Vision For Africa’s Trade, AI, Security And Infrastructure At Landmark Addis Symposium

July 31, 2026

Radisson Hotel Group, Accenture Reimagine The Future Of Hotel Discovery In The Age Of AI

July 29, 2026
Featured

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from FISHE about politics, economy, health and business, etc

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
© 2026

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.